In today’s fast-paced life, dishwashers are an essential appliance to have in any kitchen. They clean dishware and cutlery automatically by spraying a combination of hot water and dishwasher detergent. As a result, it cuts down the time you have to spend doing the dishes yourself, a chore that nobody really enjoys! Here are some of the most popular Japanese Dishwasher brands in the market today.
- Iris Ohyama
Japan is one of the world’s leaders in manufacturing electronic appliances. Japanese brands are constantly innovating and employing new technologies to make dishwashers smaller and faster. Also, they are more efficient and affordable. Japanese brands were the first ones to come out with smaller tabletop dishwashers as an alternative to built-in full-size dishwashers. These tabletop dishwashers save space and provide hassle-free cleaning.
Panasonic Corporation is a major Japanese multinational electronics company headquartered in Kadoma, Osaka. It is one of the largest producers of consumer electronics and home appliances in the global market. It also offers a wide range of dishwashers, from full-size fitted dishwashers to small countertop dishwashers. These machines are among the best-selling dishwashers not just in Japan, but all over the world.
Panasonic is well known for using creative designs and state-of-the-art technology in its products. It is also known for creating eco-friendly and power-efficient products. Panasonic dishwashers come with a host of features.
- Firstly, their tabletop models consume up to 80% less water than hand-washing by using high-temperature water streams.
- Secondly, Panasonic dishwashers have a higher body height than its competitors. Thus, it can use a two-tier loading system. As a result, this maximizes washing loads and is suitable for a family of 3-5 for daily usage.
- Thirdly, all cleaning courses include stream disinfecting to wash away bacteria. It also uses Nano-X which suppresses odors and disinfects.
Today, the most popular Panasonic dishwasher models are all tabletops such as the NP-TCR4-W Petite Dishwasher, the larger NP-TZ300-S, and the slightly older NP-TCM4-W Petite Dishwasher.
- Website: https://www.panasonic.com/global/home.html
- Recommended Product: Panasonic NP-TA4-W Dishwasher and Dryer
Rinnai Corporation is a Japanese multinational company based in Nagoya, Japan. It is Japan’s largest manufacturer of gas kitchen appliances. It also produces various kitchen and home appliances, including dishwashers. Rinnai offers more traditional, under-counter built-in dishwashers rather than small tabletops. However, it is still one of the most popular dishwasher brands in Japan.
Here are some of the best features of Rinnai dishwashers.
- Rinnai dishwashers are the first in the world to operate using only baking soda. Therefore, this creates an all-natural alternative to common detergent soaps.
- They also have self-bacteria removal and deodorization functions.
- High-temperature steam cleans small particles, strong stains, and dirt while killing bacteria.
- In addition, its nozzle system, called a tower washer, contains regular spinning parts on the bottom and two layers of nozzles on the top. This makes it easier to remove stubborn stains and grime.
The RKW-404A-SV is the brand’s highest seller. It is a built-in type dishwasher that is larger than its competing brands. It features a pull-out style door rather than a sliding door. As a result, it offers more space for your dishware, enough for a family of 5 to use daily. This dishwasher also offers an easy-to-use top control button and comes with the option of steam cleaning.
- Website: https://www.rinnai.co.jp/en/
- Recommended Product: Rinnai RKW-404A-SV Built-in Dishwasher and Dryer, Silver Slide Open Type
Toshiba Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate headquartered in Minato, Tokyo. It produces a diverse range of products for consumers all over the world. Above all, Toshiba is a household name in Japan and has long been viewed as a symbol of the country’s technological prowess. Their best-selling products include consumer electronics, home appliances including dishwashers, and medical equipment.
Over the years, Toshiba has developed and perfected a line of smarter, more efficient, and less time-consuming dishwashers. As a result, these machines seamlessly become a part of your day-to-day routine. Thus, they help you spend lesser time on boring chores. Toshiba dishwashers also use cutting-edge technology to bring you premium features.
- Toshiba dishwashers are equipped with UV-LED Sterilizer technology. In other words, it sterilizes your dishwares with UV light after every wash cycle. In addition to effectively eliminating bacteria, it also leaves your dishes spotlessly clean and ready to use.
- Similarly, Toshiba’s Dual Zone Wash allows you to select wash settings depending on the size of your load. For instance, you can choose to use just the lower or the upper spray arm. As a result, this ensures that the water spray is directed exactly towards the loaded section. This also helps reduce water usage.
- These dishwashers also use the Toshiba Hygiene Cycle. High-temperature water flows to rapidly decompose stubborn stains like vegetable oil. The filters also use anti-bacterial material which inhibits micro-organism buildup inside the tub.
- Website: https://www.global.toshiba/ww/top.html
- Recommended Product: Toshiba DWS-22A Dishwasher and Dryer
Iris Ohyama Inc. is a Japanese consumer plastic manufacturer based in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture. It is the leading storage organization manufacturer in Japan. In addition, the company also designs and manufactures products aimed at furniture, housewares and home appliances, and garden accessories.
Iris Ohyama tabletop dishwashers are extremely popular in the Japanese market. Here are some of their features:
- They are portable and safe to use anywhere without any waterworks or installation.
- Their exterior is also smaller than most other brands. Thus, you can save space in your kitchen.
- They have good capacity in spite of the smaller size. They can hold 15 pieces of standard tableware from rice bowls to chopsticks.
- These dishwashers come with a convenient roller-mounted basket for easy access. The basket also has convenient compartments for smaller cutlery.
- They also offer 360 degrees washing with top and bottom nozzles. Warm water cleaning also helps clean tougher stains like oil and grease.
- Iris Ohyama dishwashers offer water-saving and energy-efficient solutions. If you use a low power consumption time zone, such as at night, you can save electricity costs and be economical.
Their most popular dishwashers are the mid-size ISHT-5000-W and the smaller PZSH-5T-W.
- Website: https://www.irisohyama.co.jp/english/products/home-appliance.html
- Recommended Product: Iris Ohyama ISHT-5000-W Dishwasher
Siroca is a Japanese manufacturer and supplier of kitchen and household appliances intended for daily chores. They offer a wide range of products such as toaster ovens, coffee makers, dishwashers and humidifiers, etc. Siroca dishwashers are not just compact and portable, but also require no installation or waterworks. As a result, they are wildly popular in Japanese households where space is a premium.
Siroca dishwashers come with some advanced features which let them compete with bigger brands. Here are the top features of Siroca dishwashers.
- Siroca dishwashers have a specific UV-Sterilization mode. This can be used not just for dishware and cutlery but also for sterilizing masks and cellphone cases.
- They have an auto-open function, which allows steam to escape after a wash cycle. As a result, it promotes the natural drying of dishes and the dishwasher interiors.
- They wash dishes from all angles with their unique “360 degrees” cleaning technology.
- Despite its compact size, it features spacious interiors which can accommodate up to 16 pieces of standard tableware.
Siroca claims an impressive 29 liters of water-saving per wash compared to hand washing. It also comes with a water supply tray that makes it easier to pour in water without any spilling.
Thanko is a Japanese manufacturer that specializes in electronic commerce and making home appliances. In addition, Thanko products are known for their space-saving sizes, making them perfect for smaller households. The L’Aqua is their entry into the tabletop dishwasher market aimed at city dwellers where apartment space is limited.
Here are some of the important features of Thanko L’Aqua dishwashers.
- The L’Aqua comes with the option to use either a branch faucet or the built-in tank.
- The water tank has a capacity of 5-litres which is all you need for washing your dishes daily. As a result, the dishwasher uses 1/10th the amount of water compared to hand washing.
- These dishwashers are not just cost-effective but also eco-friendly and convenient to use. The L’Aqua takes just 5 minutes to set up and load.
- Also, the included hose can be used to drain water into a sink or even a bucket, so you can use it anywhere. Thus, the L’Aqua doesn’t require a permanent space in your kitchen. This is a huge selling point for people living in Tokyo, where apartments are smaller and space comes at a premium.
As our list shows, current market trends favor smaller and more compact tabletop dishwashers. Larger, built-in dishwashers are a relic of the past. Not only do tabletop dishwashers save space, but they are also hassle-free and require no installation. Given that Japanese apartments are more compact, it makes sense to use these space-saving dishwashers for daily needs.
Not just dishwashers, Japan has top brands for other home appliances and consumer electronics, too. Here are the top Japanese brands for air conditioners.