A toilet is just a toilet, right? You might be thinking, all toilets are the same all over the world. However, leave it to the Japanese to turn something mundane like a toilet into a high-tech piece of art. Japanese toilets are unlike anything you will see anywhere else. Above all, these state-of-the-art fixtures are sure to make any ordinary bathroom seem extraordinary. These are some of the most popular toilets and toilet brands in Japan today:
- Neorest series by Toto
- S300 series Washlet by Toto
- Warm Water Washing Seats by Toshiba
- SATIS series by Inax
- SW series Washlet by Toto
Japanese toilets are cleaner and more comfortable. Also, they come with a variety of luxuries. For instance, seat warmers, variable temperature control, programmable water jets, etc. are staples of Japanese toilets. However, that’s not all. Some advanced models come with even more bells and whistles. For instance, some toilet models have self-cleaning, motion sensors that make the seat rise automatically when you enter the toilet, and skin sensors that make the water jets stop if you get up.
Neorest series by Toto
Toto Ltd. is the world’s largest toilet manufacturer. It was founded in 1917 and is known for developing the Washlet and its derivative products. In addition, Toto toilets account for over 65% of the world’s market share in toilets and bathroom fixtures. They produce a wide range of toilets and washlets at every price point.
The Neorest series is Toto’s newest creation and also their most premium product. It is the creme-de-la-creme of Japanese toilets and people also refer to it as the pinnacle of Japanese technology and engineering. If toilets were cars, then the Neorest series would undoubtedly be the Ferrari or Lamborghini. The Neorest series is truly a marvel to behold, with features that make it not just a toilet seat, but a throne.
These are just some of the features that come with the Neorest line of toilets:
- Firstly, they have a host of cleanliness features to ensure that your toilet stays clean and fresh after every use. For instance, their Cefiontect ceramic glaze prevents waste from sticking to the bowl. Their electrolyzed EWater+ cleans the insides after use. Their Tornado Flush also uses less water by swirling it in 360-degrees.
- Secondly, they have motion sensors that automatically raise the lid and automatic flushing, leaving you with a hands-free experience.
- Thirdly, they have a soft backlight so that you don’t subject your eyes to harsh bright lights at night.
- Fourthly, they come with automatic seat warmers, and warm air drying after use.
While they are rather expensive, they also offer a one-of-a-kind experience. Once you use a Neorest toilet, it’s hard to go back to anything else.
S300 series Washlet by Toto
The S300 series of toilets by Toto is their foray into more affordable smart toilets. It has the functionality of smart toilets in addition to a simple aesthetic. While it may lack some features that the Neorest series has, the S300 series is also a lot more affordable, giving you the best bang for your buck. In addition, its sleek and simple style make it subtly bring out the decor of any bathroom it stands in.
The toilet itself comes with most of the bells and whistles you might expect in a smart toilet. For instance, it has motion sensors to raise the lid automatically when you walk into the bathroom. It also has heated seats which the sensors activate with the lid. In addition, it comes with a detachable remote to make it look more stylish. The toilet also has automatic self-cleaning after use and warm air drying so that your toilet seat is never wet.
These are some features you can find in the S300 series:
- They have automatic heated seats that can reach comfortable temperatures in 7-10 seconds.
- They also have warm air dryers which activate automatically after flushing. This ensures the seat is always dry.
- The S300 series is tankless, meaning you never run out of hot water.
- Completely hands-free operation due to motion sensors and auto-flushing.
The S300 series is one of Toto’s best sellers since it is not only convenient and functional but also elegant and affordable. Also, with the technological expertise of Toto behind it, you can’t go wrong with this purchase.
Warm Water Washing Seats by Toshiba
The Toshiba Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate that produces a large number of high-tech household items. It also has one of the most affordable smart toilets in the market, making it quite popular. Toshiba is known for being a pioneer in Japanese technology, and they also bring this expertise to their smart toilet washlets.
The Toshiba warm water washing toilet seats also come in a few models at a low to mid-price range. For instance, the SCS-T160 is their low price range model, and the SCS-S300 is their mid-price range model. Customers all over the world endorse these toilets for not just their affordability but also their build quality. Toshiba smart toilets come with many features at a much lower price such as:
- Sophisticated water temperature controls let you set whatever temperature you desire for the bidet wand.
- Heated seats that get to preset temperatures in as fast as 6 seconds.
- Automatic deodorizers pass air through multiple filters, getting rid of strong odors.
- They also have spray pattern control and you get a few settings to choose from depending on your requirement.
While Toshiba doesn’t have a wide variety of smart toilets compared to other brands, it still enjoys popularity because of how affordable they are. If you want a smart toilet experience but don’t want to break the bank, Toshiba toilets are perfect to start with.
- Website: https://www.toshiba.com/
- Recommended Product: Toshiba Bidet Clean Wash Pastel Ivory SCS-T160
SATIS series by Inax
Inax is a part of the Lixil Group Corporation and makes various bathroom fixtures such as toilets, bathtubs, sinks as well as bathroom tiles. It is the second-largest toilet manufacturer in Japan. Inax aims to reimagine the bathroom experience with beautiful shapes, smooth materials in addition to sophisticated functionality and thoughtfulness. They make products through a deep understanding of the user’s needs and wants.
Inax has a few successful series of bathroom products, each with its own unique aesthetic. For instance, their S200 line follows traditional designs and functionality. Then, their S400 line combines a modern aesthetic with comfort and ease of use. Finally, the S600 line is sleek, stylish, and modern, coming with a host of advanced features. The Satis series is part of their S600 lineup of products that come with features such as:
- Firstly, their Aqua Ceramic coating technology keeps the toilet bowl clean and shiny.
- Secondly, the Automatic Foam Cushion reduces urine splash with a 5-15mm thick fine foam in the toilet bowl.
- Thirdly, their Air Shield Deodorizer removes powerful odors by creating a curtain of air within the bowl and circulating it through a filter.
- Fourthly, a dual nozzle wand that separates rear-wash and female use bidet function, taking care of women’s hygiene concerns.
- Lastly, PlasmaclusterR is periodically released in the bathroom, thoroughly sanitizing and removing odors from the toilet bowl and its attachments.
With its wide range of products, Inax can match any decor aesthetic. They also transform your ordinary bathroom trips into a refreshing journey with eye-catching designs and advanced cleanliness functions.
SW series Washlet by Toto
The SW series is Toto’s entry into mid-range toilets and washlets. It is a rather affordable alternative to the premium Neorest. However, it still has a lot of features that make the Neorest popular. The most popular model in this series is the SW2034 Washlet. Not only does it have more features than the entry-level S300 series, but it is also priced competitively, only slightly more than the S350e.
In addition, the SW series comes in a traditional design with advanced features. For instance, it features automatic seat warming, variable temperature control, and a warm air dryer. It also features oscillating and pulsating spray control, electrolyzed EWater+ cleaning, and Premist to coat the bowl with water before use.
Here’s a full list of features you can expect in the SW series washlets:
- Automatic seat warming with preset or custom temperatures which can activate in 8-10 seconds.
- An automatic warm air dryer after flushing ensures that you never have to sit on a wet toilet seat.
- They’re also rather easy to install, and you can do it yourself without requiring expert assistance.
- Comes with a convenient arm panel for all the settings, although the display is hard-locked to Japanese.
- Also has a large tank to store plenty of hot water for your daily needs.
Not just toilets, Japan is famous for its range of innovative products. Here is a list of some weird Japanese products that are guaranteed to make you smile!